1.National Science Scholarship (PhD)
The National Science Scholarship (PhD) is the foremost prestigious national graduate Scholarship in Singapore and is awarded to individual to fund their PhD studies abroad.
The National Science Scholarship (PhD) funds their PhD studies for up to five years. Successful candidates are required to participate in a one-year paid research attachment at an A*STAR Research Institute prior to their PhD studies.
2.Superlative Award: Dare to Dream SIA app Challenge 2020
Competed with 120 teams, and make it into the top 10 finalists.
We proposed Lug-Gate, the first-ever automated end-to-end pipeline for luggage damage detection using state-of-the-art 3D photogrammetry and neural rendering techniques. Using our techniques, we can generate 3D meshes of passenger’s luggage for damaged detection. With the aim to provide a gateway for hassle-free baggage claims
3.1st Runner Up for Singapore-India Hackathon 2019
-The Singapore-India Hackathon is an initiative of the Indian prime minister and is a first of its kind joint international hackathon between India and any other country. This is the event’s second edition, with the first one being held at Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore in November last year, while the second edition held in India, Chennai. The aim of this joint international hackathon is to promote engagement and collaboration of student community in India with the rest of the world and to develop innovative and out-of-the-box solutions for some of the daunting problems faced by our societies
The team with the most innovative solution will be presented by Prime Minster Modi with prize money worth USD 10,000 while the second, third and fourth winning teams will get USD 8000, USD 6000 and USD 4000, respectively.
4.Most Innovative 5G/IoT/Sensors Design Award at MakeMIT 2020
-MakeMIT is one of the biggest hackathon organised by MIT EECS at MIT. MakeMIT brings together over 250 students who are passionate about designing and building. Across 18+ hours, groups of makers work together to develop an idea and materialize it through the engineering design process.
5. Excellent Research Presentation Award for the 6th ASPIRE Undergraduate Research Academy (UGRA)
-6th ASPIRE Undergraduate Research Academy (UGRA)
Theme: “Better Living: Innovations and Technologies to Improve Lives”
• All expense paid, intensive study program for undergraduate students of ASPIRE League member universities.
• One of the five nominated undergraduates from Nanyang Technological University to participate in the study program held at KAIST.
Among all the 11 nominated undergraduates from top universities such as Tsinghua, KyotoTech,HKUST,KAIST, i received the most excellent presentation award for my outstanding research project.
6. Nanyang Technological University Silicon Valley Technological Study Trip Award 2020
-The trip will be from 26th May till 4th June.
The objects of the trip are as follows:
- To visit various top MNC to understand how EEE graduates can participate in these technology areas.
- To visit high-tech startup companies related to EEE as to understand the opportunities and the challenges they faced.
- To network with staffs and students from various top universities to understand their outreach activities and events.
- To explore connections with parties that can bring mutual benefit.
Fully covered by NTU
7. Dean’s List for Academic Year 18/19
8. A*STAR Undergraduate Scholarship (AUS)
-AUS supports bright individuals with a keen interest in research for a Bachelor’s degree in science or engineering at the National University of Singapore including the Yale-NUS College, the Nanyang Technological University, the Singapore University of Technology and Design and the Singapore Managment University (School of Information Systems). Upon graduation, scholars have the flexibility to pursue their PhD studies locally or abroad on ASTAR or other university scholarships. Scholars can look forward to research attachments at ASTAR’s Research Institutes with state-of-the-art facilities and be part of A*STAR’s community of diverse and renowned scientists and researchers.
9. Tan Kah Kee Young Inventors’ Award 2016
-The ROBO TL(Multi-Purpose Humanoid Arm Rover) has been awarded the Encouragement Award for its innovation in the Defence Science Section of the Tan Kah Kee Young Inventors’ Award 2016.
10.Outstanding Technology Team Award 2016 (Ngee Ann Polytechnic Awards Night)
11.Ngee Ann Polytechnic Character Award 2015
12. Ngee Ann Polytechnic Engineering Merit Award 2015 & 2013
13. Social Leadership Award ( Ngee Ann Polytechnic)